Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sun - Mon - Tues - Wed

Sunday: Dazzle - purchased a Nick Hubbard ring and a brooch. Went back to Art Fair and talked with founder of Art in Hospital.

Monday: Went to Willow Tea Room and looked up Joann Murray. Had great chat and will meet up Thursday for tea.
Finished Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Very disappointing. I think this is a book where you can't be an adult when reading it. Didn't work for me.

Tuesday: Rain, but okay rain. Went to the Tramway Airworld show. Fun, and a Hidden Garden that was a treat. the Chic pea and vegetable dhal with naan was daunting. And very orange. Had all day bus ticket so changed buses and went to Kelvingrove. Don't like the way they made it all touchy-feelie interactive.
Laundry. Finished my Doctor Who video.

Wednesday: Slept late, had breakfast and went to PO to mail a book to Tom and some papers I didn't want to carry around, then to the train station to confirm my sleeper reservation. ARGHHH! Nightmare! I didn't have one! The Railpass.com people totally f*(^ked up. Woman at the station snooty, too. Dashed back to flat and called Massachusetts to complain and they grovelled. No, I didn't have one, Oops!! Bad us. They are refunding my money, postage and handling charge. Jessica, the MA woman was very nice, though.

Called FirstScot to see if I could buy a sleeper reservation and they were sold out GRRRR, ARGHHH!!! There went that idea. No I am not sharing with 'another female'. Calm down. Rethink: Okay. Leaving Glasgow on Friday morning, the 27th, not Thursday night the 26th. Taking train to Euston, and yes, I do have a ticket. Somehow getting from Euston to Victoria to take train to Brighton.

Well, I will have a better night's sleep, and about $100 more money.

Doing laundry. Not feeling sorry for myself or mad at the train people. Must go watch football game now. I am addicted to English football.


No comments: