Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sunday, the day of rest

And rest I did. Woke up about 10, had breakfast and went back to sleep until 2:30. Beautiful day, sun streaming in the windows, I slept.

Hopped over to #11 for a shower then out for Starbucks. Lost the thread though, and bought a bag of coffee for less than one Grande. Also fresh veggies and the paper. A luxurious rest of the afternoon drinking French Roast coffee and reading the paper.

My walkabout was about an hour. Lots more good people watching. Temps in low 60s I think. Short sleeve shirt and jacket.

I bought the Doctor Who magazine. On the basis of a really great show last night. Monsters, explosions, lots of running about. Roy Marsden was in it, until the Plasmphore sucked out all his blood with a bendy straw. And the rhino headed mercenarys were good monsters. The new companion seems like a winner, too. So the magazine came with markers, a sketch book and a plastic folder with the Tardis on it. What more could a girl want?

It is so quiet here. Lovely.

Can't sleep as much tonight because Christine will be coming for the keys. And besides, I forgot how badly #11's shower drips on the floor. And also the plumber will be coming. And besides, getting back to a day schedule is better than being a night owl.

Ottaker's, a local Scottish book seller is gone now. Eaten up by one of the UK chains. I am looking for some DVDs on local Glaswegian history. Guess it is Waterstone's or Borders. And I read that Borders is going to close or franchise their European branches which means the huge one down the street is going to change. When I first came here there was John Smith Booksellers, Dillon's, Ottaker's, Blackwell's and Waterstone's. Is this progress?

I made a fresh vegetable combo with basil and soft cheese to top my spaghetti. The flat has no salt or pepper, so I need to wander in to BK or MickyD to get some.

Ok, I'm outta here.


No comments: