Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Wednesday early and late

Then: Sleeping late; coffee; call from Velma ; call to Dorothy; call from Willa; shower, dress. Dressing in this weather is a many-layered thing. Off to lunch with FRB. Good talk. Good Thai.
Food shopping, be sure to take off hat in order to get Sr. Citizen discount (just in case they couldn't tell). Home & delivery. We arrived at same time. Efficient.

Email answering, Lala discs packed up, more phone calls. Off to 5 o'clock tea and service, held in parish house because of lack of heat in church. Saw my little munchkin friends Michaylea and Hayden. Cuties.

Home, check email, call Lisa, call FRB, down to Novo for SAMBA night. Yes, support those starving musicians. The first hour was quiet and empty but not without good moments. The Latino man who did the cha-cha with the singer. Sweet, poignant.

Then the place filled up and of course the 2 Degrees of Separation kicked in and I met Tom's Watson boss and one of his colleagues who happens to be the SIG-OTH of Jim the guitarist.

I left about 9:50, happy with my steak high, and home to check email. Replies to my plea for tree work. Both were polite but not positive. I replied that the work should be done and could be financed (God damnit) so get off your butts. No, of course I didn't say that.

Read the current headlines, played some computer games and here I am!!! 12:30 on Thursday morning. Now you are completely up to date on NOW. But when you read it, it will be THEN.

What can I say? Perhaps this blog should have been entitled 'Beside the Ocean of Time'. Title of a book by an Orcadian poet/novelist, George Mackey Brown.

Whatever.

No comments: